i could really get into some of Invicta's offerings (GASP!)

i could really get into some of Invicta's offerings (GASP!)

Postby koimaster » August 21st 2017, 4:14pm

doggone big. Geez, the smallest diameter watch that appeals to me is 47mm, which is still way too large for my wrist. Everything they make is monstrous!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/i-coul ... 14257.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: i could really get into some of Invicta's offerings (GAS

Postby PiningforElgin » August 21st 2017, 4:23pm

Invicter is often a contentious topic at WUS
PiningforElgin

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 21st 2017, 6:30pm

Yes, it's got some fans there. I laughed hard, when one of them tried to give me an earful for my honest opinion of the brand (I think I called it "rubbish overdue for a meeting with the trash can", but hell take me if I remember what have I exactly said back then) because he loved Eyal the Barbarian's watches so much, that he bought fifty of them, "for the design and for the movement." And he used the Invicter clones of Rolex designs to prove his point, which made me laugh even harder.
He should have seen it coming the moment he saw this (my WUS avatar):
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby tiktok » August 21st 2017, 7:43pm

I had one Invicta I tried to give to a couple of kids who work at stores in my neighborhood. They all freaked out like I had chloroform, duct tape and a white van in wait. So today I put it in the cash box of this guy who plays guitar in Penn Station. Hopefully he won't throw it at me next time I walk by.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby abduksion » August 21st 2017, 8:40pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Yes, it's got some fans there. I laughed hard, when one of them tried to give me an earful for my honest opinion of the brand (I think I called it "rubbish overdue for a meeting with the trash can", but hell take me if I remember what have I exactly said back then) because he loved Eyal the Barbarian's watches so much, that he bought fifty of them, "for the design and for the movement." And he used the Invicter clones of Rolex designs to prove his point, which made me laugh even harder.

I've come to a point in my life where I no longer care what others think of the watches I
buy or wear I used to and had passed on watches I liked yes even Invicta because I was to
worried what others would of said and or thought. But now that I'm getting older and thinking
of death a lot lately ever since my Grandfathers passing I don't care what I buy as long as I'm happy
I never thought I'd like Deep Blue I do know and I'm sure there are other brands I will change my mind
on. So all I can tell you and others is if that guy is happy with what he has so be it he's not hurting anyone.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
abduksion

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 22nd 2017, 5:18am

abduksion wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Yes, it's got some fans there. I laughed hard, when one of them tried to give me an earful for my honest opinion of the brand (I think I called it "rubbish overdue for a meeting with the trash can", but hell take me if I remember what have I exactly said back then) because he loved Eyal the Barbarian's watches so much, that he bought fifty of them, "for the design and for the movement." And he used the Invicter clones of Rolex designs to prove his point, which made me laugh even harder.

I've come to a point in my life where I no longer care what others think of the watches I
buy or wear I used to and had passed on watches I liked yes even Invicta because I was to
worried what others would of said and or thought. But now that I'm getting older and thinking
of death a lot lately ever since my Grandfathers passing I don't care what I buy as long as I'm happy
I never thought I'd like Deep Blue I do know and I'm sure there are other brands I will change my mind
on. So all I can tell you and others is if that guy is happy with what he has so be it he's not hurting anyone.

Well, the guy was trying to sway the OP of the thread to join the Invicta side (it was something about affordable divers, and one of the options considered was an Inshita), so I - firmly believing in Edmund Burke's take on idleness and evil - had to do something. I mean, he can buy Invicters by the ton if he wants to, but he's got to have the good sense not to encourage others to buy that shit.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby DocKlock » August 22nd 2017, 5:40am

"I've come to a point in my life where I no longer care what others think.
So all I can tell you and others is if that guy is happy with what he has so be it he's not hurting anyone."

I did modify your great response to fit me more closely ----- well said on your part.
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » August 22nd 2017, 6:20am

The issue is the rabid nature of the Inshita/Android/Aragon, or whatever the fuck Ling Wing is calling his current batch, "collector."

They tend to be ill informed, delusional, vapid and opposed to any and all criticism. Not all, of course, but enough that it is a running thick, tattered and Cheeto stained thread in the otherwise beautiful blanket that is this hobby.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » August 22nd 2017, 6:51am

biglove wrote:
ill informed, delusional, vapid and opposed to any and all criticism.

Sounds eerily like a certain frequent tweeter and high office holder.
GET OFF MY LAWN
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » August 22nd 2017, 7:54am

foghorn wrote:
biglove wrote:
ill informed, delusional, vapid and opposed to any and all criticism.

Sounds eerily like a certain frequent tweeter and high office holder.

Sadly, I have to agree.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby abduksion » August 22nd 2017, 8:48am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
abduksion wrote:

Well, the guy was trying to sway the OP of the thread to join the Invicta side (it was something about affordable divers, and one of the options considered was an Inshita), so I - firmly believing in Edmund Burke's take on idleness and evil - had to do something. I mean, he can buy Invicters by the ton if he wants to, but he's got to have the good sense not to encourage others to buy that shit.

I do agree its wrong for someone to force another person/s into buying something they may not like
but if that other person tells them or me Brand X is better than Brand Y I would simple say OK you have an opinion
like I do and I have to simplel respect it. I love Rolex I'll probably get one someday but if someone told me I had the chance of getting lets
say a Patek Philippe Calatrava for the same price as a Date Date, I'll probably get the Patek not because I no longer love Rolex but
because I wanted the Calatrava more. And besides your more likely to see a Rolex in the wild than a Patek.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf. Life's is too short give a rats ass what others think
about the watches I buy and wear.
abduksion

Return to General Watch talk