Photobucket downloader

Photobucket downloader

Postby koimaster » August 17th 2017, 9:03am

There s a free version of this but it only allows 100 photos at a time to be downloaded. The upgraded version is $1.99

This is a Chrome (google) extention by the way and you purchase it at the google play store or just do a search for photobucket album downloader. After it is installed into your extentions log into photobucket and go to your library.

You will see two download menus. The regular Photobucket one and the Google extensions. Guess which one you use? One you hit download it will "fetch" the album and start downloading to your download folder. Sometimes it will stall and if it does, either hit re-fresh or exit the album and try again. It will work until photobucket tries to do a work around to disable it.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Photobucket downloader

Postby TemerityB » August 17th 2017, 4:31pm

Good heavens. I can't believe people have to pay, even a penny, to retrieve their own files.

Looks like I amscrayed at just the right time. God, PB really sucks, but then again, it always did.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby Racer-X » August 17th 2017, 4:37pm

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby AJC » August 17th 2017, 5:04pm

After getting your own property back from Photobucket I would, again, recommend imgur.

For those not willing to run their own domain and would rather have a free image hosting site, I recommend reading about imgur and their CEO/founder, Alan Schaaf.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imgur

I highly doubt they will ever do what Photobucket has done. It was created as a gift to users sick of hosting sites like Photobucket, etc.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby SynMike » August 17th 2017, 5:28pm

I bought this and installed it a couple days ago. It did not work the first time. Today I tried the free version and it worked great. It has the limit that it will only download the first 100 photos in an album. It also downloads a compressed version of the files.

With that success I tried the $1.99 version again and now it is working fine now! Photobucket's own download seems to be "broken" so this utility was easily worth the $1.99 to me. Thanks for the advice.
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Postby AJC » August 17th 2017, 6:44pm

This whole Photobucket brouhaha has an O.J. ring to it. Ya gotta steal your own property back.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby koimaster » September 7th 2017, 8:51am

A reminder for those still trying to download photos from photobucket

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster