Imgur Immature

Imgur Immature

Postby tiktok » August 4th 2017, 6:55pm

Just discovered that the public can leave comments on your Imgur photos. Here's a few good ones:
1) Photo of the faux aged Lacoi recently acquired - "That watch would look great if you added a new strap."
2) Photo of Richard Lange Boutique Edition - " I'll give you $33 for that."
3) Photo of SMP - "That's my favorite driver."
There's also a point system and I've already acquired -125 points. Stupid interwebz fun.
User avatar
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3109
Joined: March 20th 2015, 7:18pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby svaglic » August 4th 2017, 7:43pm

That is what has held me back from putting all my pictures on Imgur. The few photos I uploaded have stupid comments.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 3516
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby Thunder1 » August 4th 2017, 7:49pm

Thanx for the heads up..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 2805
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby Racer-X » August 4th 2017, 8:29pm

That is only if you make a 'New Post' and 'Share to Community'.

Use the drop down to the right of 'New Post', then 'Upload Images'. The image will be private and can be only be seen with the link.

Image

https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/201746817-Post-privacy
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3691
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby tiktok » August 4th 2017, 8:34pm

Mine does not work in that modality. I have to View D ofesktop Site and doesn't have that New Post option.
It's the buggiest mobile app ever.
User avatar
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3109
Joined: March 20th 2015, 7:18pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby Racer-X » August 4th 2017, 8:45pm

tiktok wrote:Mine does not work in that modality. I have to View D ofesktop Site and doesn't have that New Post option.
It's the buggiest mobile app ever.



On the mobile site (NOT the mobile app), you click the cloud in the upper right, X out of the popup for mobile app, then upload and it will be private.

If you have to go to the desktop site on mobile, the New Post/Upload button should be the same as above.

Image
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3691
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby tiktok » August 4th 2017, 8:51pm

Ah-ha, thanks.
Image
User avatar
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3109
Joined: March 20th 2015, 7:18pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby tiktok » August 4th 2017, 8:58pm

I'm going to miss comments like "dog butt food".
User avatar
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3109
Joined: March 20th 2015, 7:18pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby codguy » August 4th 2017, 11:16pm

Whatcha going to do with all them points? Save them for a rainy day? :lol:
.


Image
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 4786
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby AJC » August 5th 2017, 5:46am

I make sure my photos are uploaded into my account and not into the community. I find the comments in the community section to be a bonus, some are hilarious with the same sick sense of humor one would find here.
Last edited by AJC on August 5th 2017, 5:51am, edited 1 time in total.
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Greater Philadelphia Shithole

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby AJC » August 5th 2017, 5:51am

Also I have no problems with the mobile app, but I haven't updated it in over a year. Sounds like the latest iteration is full of bugs. Please leave feedback on the google play store/itunes store and make the devs aware of these bugs. They have a history of pleasing the user as they started the app because they were sick of Photobucket, et. al.

Enough complaints about the bugs and I have faith they will be fixed.

P.S. what are the problems with the app anyway?
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Greater Philadelphia Shithole

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby tiktok » August 5th 2017, 12:28pm

When I load imgur from web on phone it won't open in same format all the time so I have to navigate around to get to the useful iteration. It's like clicking on Pshop and getting different version every time.
User avatar
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3109
Joined: March 20th 2015, 7:18pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby AJC » August 5th 2017, 2:04pm

Are you signed in and goto the IMAGES section?

I'm curious to see if I can fix what's screwy.
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Greater Philadelphia Shithole

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby biglove » August 5th 2017, 6:25pm

AJC wrote:Also I have no problems with the mobile app, but I haven't updated it in over a year. Sounds like the latest iteration is full of bugs. Please leave feedback on the google play store/itunes store and make the devs aware of these bugs. They have a history of pleasing the user as they started the app because they were sick of Photobucket, et. al.

Enough complaints about the bugs and I have faith they will be fixed.

P.S. what are the problems with the app anyway?



Damn near impossible to get the BBCode links with the app. At least I haven't figured out a way in the two years I have utilized the app.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 9628
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Deep South

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby foghorn » August 5th 2017, 6:48pm

I only use my PC for pics and such.

I use my phone to talk and such.

If I'm not home I don't fuck with pics and such.
Image

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 14606
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby tiktok » August 5th 2017, 8:02pm

If you can set the link on BBCode then put your cursor or finger over the code and click a few times and it should make the whole code highlight, then copy and paste.

biglove wrote:
AJC wrote:Also I have no problems with the mobile app, but I haven't updated it in over a year. Sounds like the latest iteration is full of bugs. Please leave feedback on the google play store/itunes store and make the devs aware of these bugs. They have a history of pleasing the user as they started the app because they were sick of Photobucket, et. al.

Enough complaints about the bugs and I have faith they will be fixed.

P.S. what are the problems with the app anyway?



Damn near impossible to get the BBCode links with the app. At least I haven't figured out a way in the two years I have utilized the app.
User avatar
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3109
Joined: March 20th 2015, 7:18pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby Racer-X » August 5th 2017, 9:08pm

tiktok wrote:
biglove wrote:Damn near impossible to get the BBCode links with the app. At least I haven't figured out a way in the two years I have utilized the app.


If you can set the link on BBCode then put your cursor or finger over the code and click a few times and it should make the whole code highlight, then copy and paste.



That's on the mobile web site, not the mobile app. I haven't found a way to get the BB Code in the app either.

If I don't have the BB Code, I just switch to the full version of watchlords and insert the image tags. I wish the mobile version of this site had the image tag button.
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3691
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby conjurer » August 5th 2017, 11:06pm

foghorn wrote:I only use my PC for pics and such.

I use my phone to talk and such.

If I'm not home I don't fuck with pics and such.


WORD.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 23526
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby Mortuus » August 6th 2017, 1:55am

conjurer wrote:
foghorn wrote:I only use my PC for pics and such.

I use my phone to talk and such.

If I'm not home I don't fuck with pics and such.


WORD.

Shouldn't that be "WORDS"...? :scratch:
User avatar
Mortuus
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 8023
Joined: February 3rd 2012, 11:00pm
Location: Rancho Santa Fe, CA

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby AJC » August 6th 2017, 4:55am

biglove wrote:
AJC wrote:Also I have no problems with the mobile app, but I haven't updated it in over a year. Sounds like the latest iteration is full of bugs. Please leave feedback on the google play store/itunes store and make the devs aware of these bugs. They have a history of pleasing the user as they started the app because they were sick of Photobucket, et. al.

Enough complaints about the bugs and I have faith they will be fixed.

P.S. what are the problems with the app anyway?



Damn near impossible to get the BBCode links with the app. At least I haven't figured out a way in the two years I have utilized the app.


Your screen doesn't look like this when you open an image?

Image

On my older version of the mobile app this is what pops up when I open an image. I just click the code with my finger and it automatically copies the bbcode/direct link/etc.

I find the app very easy to use, I can't speak for the newest version. I hope they didn't fuck it up.
What does your screen look like in the app when you open one of your images?
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Greater Philadelphia Shithole

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby Racer-X » August 6th 2017, 10:13am

Newest version of app on iOS looks like this when you open a photo. Holding down on the photo let's you copy just the link. No BB Code option that I can find.

Image
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3691
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby AJC » August 6th 2017, 10:58am

Hmmm... That sucks. Why "fix" something (the app) that isn't broken to begin with. I would leave feedback stating the issue on the itunes store. They've been pretty responsive to their users over the years.

Also you might want to see if you can find an answer here: https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us

If not then I would raise the issue here: https://community.imgur.com/c/community
as well as itunes/ google play feedback.

Raise hell until they fix it because the older version kicks ass and is almost too easy.
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Greater Philadelphia Shithole

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby AJC » August 6th 2017, 11:23am

Racer, do you get a "Share" or "Share links" link or something similar when clicking any of those buttons?
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Greater Philadelphia Shithole

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby AJC » August 6th 2017, 11:42am

#1 are you logged into your account or just uploading without an account. If not, make sure you are logged into your account.

#2 is it possible to show me a screenshot of what it looks like after clicking the pencil and one of what it looks like after clicking the box with the upward facing arrow and one of what it looks like after clicking the silhouette of the person at the bottom right.

I know it's a lot but I would love to figure this out for everyone.
-Madvillian
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 5859
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Location: Greater Philadelphia Shithole

Re: Imgur Immature

Postby Racer-X » August 6th 2017, 2:09pm

AJC wrote:#1 are you logged into your account or just uploading without an account. If not, make sure you are logged into your account.

#2 is it possible to show me a screenshot of what it looks like after clicking the pencil and one of what it looks like after clicking the box with the upward facing arrow and one of what it looks like after clicking the silhouette of the person at the bottom right.

I know it's a lot but I would love to figure this out for everyone.


I am logged in. The pencil is for writing a post title. The person at the bottom goes back to your gallery of images. The upward arrow brings up the iOS dialogue to edit, delete, copy link, etc.

The mobile app is not that critical, as the mobile web site works fine.
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3691
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Next

Return to General Watch talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests