Paul Boutros of Phillips Watches

Paul Boutros of Phillips Watches

Postby koimaster » August 1st 2017, 8:34am

In your position with Phillips, what exactly do you do?

The Watch department at Phillips is still quite new, having officially launched in November 2014. As Head of Americas, together with my NY-based team, we represent the department on this side of the Atlantic taking in watches, serving American clients, building the foundation and developing the community for future auctions to be held here through valuation days, collector events and partnerships. As the department’s International Strategy Advisor, my team and I help create digital and traditional marketing strategies to build our brand globally. In preparation for our auctions, I assist the team with the writing of each season’s catalogs–working to explain the greatness of every watch we sell on behalf of our clients.

https://www.revolution.watch/in-convers ... s-watches/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Paul Boutros of Phillips Watches

Postby foghorn » August 1st 2017, 8:43am

Boutros?Boutros?

Golly
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby foghorn » August 1st 2017, 8:49am

"Seeing the jewels, gilt bridges, and ticking balance wheel shimmering under the bright lights of the boutique, it was that moment that sparked my lifelong passion for watch collecting"

Yup-that will get any 10 year olds motor running.
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby TemerityB » August 1st 2017, 9:41pm

Nothing causes artificially inflated high-end watch prices more than hoity-toity auctions.

I'd call 'em a sucker's game, but hey - those who have that sort of scratch seem more than willing to part with it just to be able to brag "I won."
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim from ... guess who? Cuckoo 'coo, that's who.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » August 2nd 2017, 5:04am

Phillips is pretty much the auction house that killed the market for vintage Rolex. I also can help but laugh at the lies in some of the lots at their watch auctions. I especially liked Doxa and Cyma chronographs being described "fine and very rare", because I know the finishing to the movements inside these, and I also know that such a rarity claim is a lie- unless someone at Phillips has a time machine, and jumps back something like half a century, to before the Doxa archives were turned into papier-mache by a flood, and before nothing but ashes was left of the Cyma archives after a fire.

As to Boutros, he's got ties to Hoodwinkee.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk