Bring a Brain XIV

Bring a Brain reviews

Bring a Brain XIV

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 19th 2017, 3:46pm

Posted yet another Bring a Brain on WUS:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/bring-brain-xiv-4491055.html
Sadly, this instalment has been infested by a troll, however I had fun delivering an additional round of barrage in order to deal with the issue.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Bring a Brain XIV

Postby biglove » July 19th 2017, 8:13pm

An excellent post in the series. Looks like the majority of the watches listed have already sold.

Either the folks at Hodinkee don't know watches or they are intentionally fleecing people. Either way, some serious bullshit on their part.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby bobbee » July 20th 2017, 2:01am

Fuck Harris and his recent comments on BaB 14, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow.
He recently made a personal attack on David Boettcher of vintagewatchstraps.com fame over on the NAWCC wrist watches forum, and the admin deleted the comments made. Here is a screen grab for any interested.

He plagiarises Boettcher's research constantly in his webinars on the NAWCC, and has the front to call him a glory-searcher? The man is a nut case.

Great BaB Mikey. I may have got it wrong on the Bulova dial though, I have seen a couple more on Google. That case back has almost been polished beyond recognition though, and there is no rubber gasket either.
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby AJC » July 20th 2017, 3:41am

^ I saw that. What a shame.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby bobbee » July 20th 2017, 4:20am

AJC wrote:^ I saw that. What a shame.

It's not his first fuck up on that forum, there are many more. He ridiculed a long-standing member about his remarks on searching POW's and finding watches, after proving he wasn't lying he asked for an apology. The mods removed those posts too.

Screen grabs of the original posts before JH edited/removed.

ImageImage

It's also well known that Adam and Accutronitis set up a web site with the sole purpose of trolling me after I made their lies and trickery public, and I got that site removed.
It's a shame that the NAWCC don't live up to their membership rules, just keep covering up for their cash cow Harris.
He broke the ethics rules dozens of times, yet still gets his arse covered. Well, he does earn them thousands with his fake "fake watch expert" seminars...
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 20th 2017, 4:42am

Well, not to mention his WUS record of failures- the laughing stock of Panerai and Rolex Fake Busters, and the plague of Omega Fake Busters. The best one was probably when he called a Chinese Sea-Gull movement (in a fake Speedmaster), not even particularly well disguised, "correct OMEGA." Only a handful of people, including me, still post in the OFB- it would be kinda cruel to leave people looking for answers in the hands of someone like Harris. I remember when he got caught on plagiarism, and, of course, the NAWCC mod tried to cover that pillock's arse.

@biglove: Glad you like it! If to think of that, they don't really need to know watches in order to make money- not any longer, because regardless of how big a mistake they would make, they still have enough potential buyers who blindly trust them.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Return to Crusaders' Den