Wife puts cheating husband's vintage Heuer on ebay

Wife puts cheating husband's vintage Heuer on ebay

Postby Racer-X » July 15th 2017, 7:44pm

by HODINKEE "Ah, the great tradition of revenge Ebay listings – there should practically be a dedicated filter for such a sale on the homepage. There isn't, but if there were, you can bet this one would be right at the top of the list. The listing is for a vintage Heuer Calculator Chronograph, the lovable and quirky 1970s watch you see below. But the listing is unusual, as is the headline. It reads "Vintage Heuer Calculator Chronograph Watch - Divorce my Slime Cheating Husband." Oh dear."

Article at HODINKEE

ebay listing

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Wife puts cheating husband's vintage Heuer on ebay

Postby conjurer » July 15th 2017, 8:18pm

Maybe if this woman had done whatever necessary to please her man sexually she wouldn't have to resort to such high jinks.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby svaglic » July 15th 2017, 8:41pm

Man that sucks. His watch collection is being sold for her divorce fund.... lawyer probably.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Racer-X » July 15th 2017, 8:41pm

If it is for real, HODINKEE may have ruined her chances of selling, as it's likely there will be tons of bogus bids.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 15th 2017, 9:20pm

Oh, there's no telling how much I love (to ridicule) Hoodwinkee's practice of jumping to conclusions with no fucking idea of the implications (assessing the potential implications of a piece of academic or info writing is pretty much college - if not high school - knowledge) of that. How can they possibly know, if that story is even true? Why wouldn't it, for example, be a gold digger posing as a "wronged woman", delivering her final blow to what's left of some poor chap's private property? Now, it's not like I think that that's what it is, only I'm not putting much trust into that sort of things found on the Internets, and I believe that it's not that hard to put a fucking caveat emptor in an article covering an issue of that sort. Well, it's not that hard, but apparently for the Donkeys it is. Then again, it's the Donkeys, so one can only in vain hope that they'll get something right.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » July 15th 2017, 10:17pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Oh, there's no telling how much I love (to ridicule) Hoodwinkee's practice of jumping to conclusions with no fucking idea of the implications (assessing the potential implications of a piece of academic or info writing is pretty much college - if not high school - knowledge) of that. How can they possibly know, if that story is even true? Why wouldn't it, for example, be a gold digger posing as a "wronged woman", delivering her final blow to what's left of some poor chap's private property? Now, it's not like I think that that's what it is, only I'm not putting much trust into that sort of things found on the Internets, and I believe that it's not that hard to put a fucking caveat emptor in an article covering an issue of that sort. Well, it's not that hard, but apparently for the Donkeys it is. Then again, it's the Donkeys, so one can only in vain hope that they'll get something right.

Perhaps it was a slow day at Hodinkee's office; that is to say, no free shit came in for them to review/later sell to some fucking schmuck.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby eddiea » July 16th 2017, 3:50am

conjurer wrote:Maybe if this woman had done whatever necessary to please her man sexually she wouldn't have to resort to such high jinks.

No telling but , all divorces have always another take, a flip side of the same story.....it can go like this

I met couple of my pals at the RedBarPDX meeting yesterday since I had not seen them in a while, one of the dudes thought I kew my loving wife of 20 years have a fucking online gambling problem and have been asking for private loans from her friends.
Running out of options, she have started to dip into my Vintage Watch collection in the believe that I will not noticed , that is until that disturbed piece of shit put one of my treasured pieces on the Bay .
I have supported her and my kids for the last 20 goddamned years , treated her like a princess and this is how she paid me back ...so if anyone see my Heuer Calculator watch on the Bay, let it be know that I don't need to sell my watches to divorce the crazy bitch and I have a police report with the watch serial # on record as stolen ..
Cheers .....
Last edited by eddiea on July 16th 2017, 1:51pm, edited 3 times in total.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby codguy » July 16th 2017, 4:54am

A fake watch from a scam artist?

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby DocKlock » July 16th 2017, 5:06am

ZERO feedback and selling a hi-priced item just has red flags all over it.
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » July 16th 2017, 5:19am

Wouldn't this qualify as stolen property?
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby foghorn » July 16th 2017, 5:20am

Oh-and fuck ebay
GET OFF MY LAWN

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » July 16th 2017, 6:10am

DocKlock wrote:ZERO feedback and selling a hi-priced item just has red flags all over it.

Yep. And this could well be stolen property if she is selling without his permission.

Run far, run fast.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby eddiea » July 16th 2017, 8:27am

foghorn wrote:Oh-and fuck ebay

Love your new avatar Jeff...sexy!
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby Thunder1 » July 16th 2017, 8:32am

DocKlock wrote:ZERO feedback and selling a hi-priced item just has red flags all over it.

Yep..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby relaxer7 » July 17th 2017, 1:34am

Seems legit :0
relaxer7
Senior Member & WIS

Postby PiningforElgin » July 17th 2017, 11:02am

I don't care. Anything that shits on Tagger Oy-veyer is fine with me

And I am against cheating on your wife
PiningforElgin

Postby 3Flushes » July 17th 2017, 11:52am

codguy wrote:A fake watch from a scam artist?

Stinks on ice.
Last edited by 3Flushes on July 17th 2017, 1:13pm, edited 2 times in total.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby AntFarm » July 17th 2017, 12:38pm

Another is listed. An Ebel Voyager...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ebel-Vo ... SwrDBZbOS3
AntFarm
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 17th 2017, 12:57pm

In addition to what I've said before, it would be unwise of anyone to actually bid on these watches and buy them - if that woman (if the story in the listings is true, which, as I've said, it might as well be all made up) has no rights to these watches, and they'd indeed classify as stolen property, then the legitimate owner could likely demand the buyers to return the watches, in which case the buyer would end up with no watch, and slim chances of getting the money back (or at least would have to deal with a lot of legal procedures to get them back, once they go into the divorce lawyer's pocket).
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby 3Flushes » July 17th 2017, 1:13pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:In addition to what I've said before, it would be unwise of anyone to actually bid on these watches and buy them - if that woman (if the story in the listings is true, which, as I've said, it might as well be all made up) has no rights to these watches, and they'd indeed classify as stolen property, then the legitimate owner could likely demand the buyers to return the watches, in which case the buyer would end up with no watch, and slim chances of getting the money back (or at least would have to deal with a lot of legal procedures to get them back, once they go into the divorce lawyer's pocket).

Yep.

At a minimum, I would think the watch could be considered misappropriated if her husband decided to press the matter unless she could prove ownership.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby BigCheez » July 17th 2017, 1:37pm

Unless it's all a scam for free promotion of an auction...

If so, brilliantly executed!
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » July 17th 2017, 9:26pm

If it's not real, we've just been entertained

If it is real, I like this woman. Fitting punishment for cheating husbands with no loyalty, plus trashing Tag! I bet this man has some Aquaracers too
PiningforElgin

Postby bobbee » July 18th 2017, 2:41am

I just got scammed for a cheap holiday on ebay. It's a good job I can do a little research, as I found that the holiday home I was renting for a week in August doesn't exist. I have to wait a few days before I can claim my money back, after which I may visit the seller. I found out where they live...

Just found her feedback has changed today, and other buyers got ripped for the same one as me.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... ckAsSeller
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk