What Your Watch Says About You

Re: What Your Watch Says About You

Postby 3Flushes » July 17th 2017, 7:16pm

iwasbanned wrote:I just get credit cards, run them up to their limits and then don't pay. Suckers keep giving me credit.

My credit used to be that good.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » July 17th 2017, 8:00pm

BigCheez wrote:For the cost conscious:

If you own an Invicta: you're probably fat
If you own a Stuhrling: you think a ronko chicken is haute cousine
If you own a Sottomarino: you only have nine toes

Hey, I already know conjurer could do a better job...

Nope, you about covered it.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby PiningforElgin » July 17th 2017, 9:19pm

I've got no idea what Sottomarino is.

But Stuhrling is what it is - a company selling a lot of watches from Chinese crap to some ETA okay stuff.

I own some Swatch Group products with ETA. All run pretty well. Conjurer and BigCheez probably thinks all Swatch Group watch owners are stupid vermins who don't deserve to talk about watches

Whatever
PiningforElgin

Postby bedlam » July 17th 2017, 9:33pm

PiningforElgin wrote:Conjurer and BigCheez probably thinks all Swatch Group watch owners are stupid vermins who don't deserve to talk about watches

Whatever

:nnui:
"If I could put a finger on the moment we genuinely fucked ourselves, it was the moment we decided that data was something you could use words like believe or disbelieve around...

The Water Knife

Paolo Bacigalupi
bedlam
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » July 17th 2017, 9:46pm

PiningforElgin wrote:I've got no idea what Sottomarino is.

But Stuhrling is what it is - a company selling a lot of watches from Chinese crap to some ETA okay stuff.

I own some Swatch Group products with ETA. All run pretty well. Conjurer and BigCheez probably thinks all Swatch Group watch owners are stupid vermins who don't deserve to talk about watches

Whatever

Interestingly, two of my finest watches (both Omega) are Swatch products. I've owned plenty of watches that use ETA movements, and ETA is part of Swatch. Right now I'm lusting after a Hammy Navy GMT, which is also a Swatch product. I also own a Tudor Hydronaut that uses an ETA 2824 movement.

For your information, Mr. Elgin, Invicta sucks donkey dicks. You can look around the forum--or, really, any forum where members don't wear 55 inch Croton belts, and find this out for yourself.

Sturhling is also fucking shit. I understand that at one time they used some ETA movements (that probably fell off the back of a fucking truck) but that doesn't make 99.9% of the rest of their watches fucking shit.

Sottomarino is a vulgar fashion brand sold at mall kiosks that was favored by a stupid fucking asshole we called Charles Ninetoes, due to his very unfortunate encounter with an axe while chopping wood that nearly led to the loss of one of his baby toes.

As for Swatch, I have often piped up about their business practices, which I generally disdain. However, Swatch was probably the one company, other than the other bigs like Rolex and Patek, who saved the Swiss watchmaking culture. I can have differences over their business practices, and admire many of their products.

I hope this addresses your concerns over how I might look upon Swatch product owners. Otherwise, if you wish to put more words in my mouth, you can go fuck yourself.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby PiningforElgin » July 17th 2017, 9:58pm

conjurer wrote:

Whatever

Interestingly, two of my finest watches (both Omega) are Swatch products. I've owned plenty of watches that use ETA movements, and ETA is part of Swatch. Right now I'm lusting after a Hammy Navy GMT, which is also a Swatch product. I also own a Tudor Hydronaut that uses an ETA 2824 movement.

For your information, Mr. Elgin, Invicta sucks donkey dicks. You can look around the forum--or, really, any forum where members don't wear 55 inch Croton belts, and find this out for yourself.

Sturhling is also fucking shit. I understand that at one time they used some ETA movements (that probably fell off the back of a fucking truck) but that doesn't make 99.9% of the rest of their watches fucking shit.

Sottomarino is a vulgar fashion brand sold at mall kiosks that was favored by a stupid fucking asshole we called Charles Ninetoes, due to his very unfortunate encounter with an axe while chopping wood that nearly led to the loss of one of his baby toes.

As for Swatch, I have often piped up about their business practices, which I generally disdain. However, Swatch was probably the one company, other than the other bigs like Rolex and Patek, who saved the Swiss watchmaking culture. I can have differences over their business practices, and admire many of their products.

I hope this addresses your concerns over how I might look upon Swatch product owners. Otherwise, if you wish to put more words in my mouth, you can go fuck yourself.

I checked Sottomarino's website. Looks terrible. All quartz anyways. So no disagreement there.

And probably with you on Swatch & ETA. Do I like ETA's monopoly? No. Do they offer nice watches with reliable movements and sometimes good design? Yes - which is why I like them and wear them, despite my differences with their business practices of trying to corner the Swiss market. I've lusted over a couple Mido watches, don't judge :-)

I don't own either Invicta nor Sturhling and I only mentioned the latter in my last comment. Never defended Invicter (so no need to tell me they are crap since I didn't say they weren't). The bracelet for Sturhling, I heard, is kind of bad which is why I don't have one

Your other fellow on the forum was bashing "cost conscious" and listed Invicter, Sthurling and Sotomarino as them. That's quite uncalled for. Seikos are sold in malls too and on TV. I have one from some years ago and it still runs today. He put dirty stuff in my mouth so I responded (using your name instead of his - my bad, okay?) accordingly
PiningforElgin

Postby PiningforElgin » July 17th 2017, 10:00pm

Btw - what is 55 inch belt referring to? School me there. Does the number have any significance?
PiningforElgin

Postby 3Flushes » July 17th 2017, 10:05pm

conjurer wrote:Interestingly, two of my finest watches (both Omega) are Swatch products. I've owned plenty of watches that use ETA movements, and ETA is part of Swatch. Right now I'm lusting after a Hammy Navy GMT, which is also a Swatch product. I also own a Tudor Hydronaut that uses an ETA 2824 movement.

Dinner at Del Monicos is on me my friend.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby conjurer » July 17th 2017, 10:09pm

3Flushes wrote:
conjurer wrote:Interestingly, two of my finest watches (both Omega) are Swatch products. I've owned plenty of watches that use ETA movements, and ETA is part of Swatch. Right now I'm lusting after a Hammy Navy GMT, which is also a Swatch product. I also own a Tudor Hydronaut that uses an ETA 2824 movement.

Thanks, Triple. I'm a little light in the warlet lately since buying the SMP. Also, the "other member" referred to above is BigCheez, and while his politics are somewhat neolithic, he is also my brother; nobody says anything disparaging of BigCheez without hearing from me.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby artman » July 17th 2017, 10:54pm

My watches usually say "cheap ass bastard" about me. Quite befitting if you know me in real life.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » July 17th 2017, 11:01pm

conjurer wrote:
3Flushes wrote:

Thanks, Triple. I'm a little light in the warlet lately since buying the SMP. Also, the "other member" referred to above is BigCheez, and while his politics are somewhat neolithic, he is also my brother; nobody says anything disparaging of BigCheez without hearing from me.

That goes for me also, too, my friend, you can believe that, and honest is, I agree with BC more often than not about a lot of things... not that I always let him know, you know how it is, I gotta stay edgy, keeps me sharp. I'm picking' up the tab for the table, Cod, too. Been awhile, looking forward to the ride.

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby Mark1 » July 18th 2017, 12:42am

If he only knew.
Well, welcome to the real world, my delicate little Instagrammed snowflakes. Piers Morgan
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby Tzimisces » July 18th 2017, 1:54am

Mine don't actually say anything as such, they just recite Ewen McTeagle's poetry.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby biglove » July 18th 2017, 4:38am

Whatever

Idiot or troll? Let the debate begin...
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » July 18th 2017, 4:42am

Probably neither

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby PiningforElgin » July 18th 2017, 6:02am

biglove wrote:

Whatever

Idiot or troll? Let the debate begin...

Just an honest man with an opinion and a few 2824's in my watchbox
PiningforElgin

Postby PiningforElgin » July 18th 2017, 6:03am

If you don't like me just say it
PiningforElgin

Postby eddiea » July 18th 2017, 6:08am

bedlam wrote:
PiningforElgin wrote:Conjurer and BigCheez probably thinks all Swatch Group watch owners are stupid vermins who don't deserve to talk about watches
Whatever
:nnui:

Yes Conjurer and Bigcheez you guys are just horrible...... :cry:
“Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine…”
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby codguy » July 18th 2017, 6:20am

PiningforElgin wrote:That's quite uncalled for

Whatever

PiningforElgin wrote:If you don't like me just say it

And exactly how old are you newb?
This is the deep end of the pool, perhaps you should explore the wading one over there ffs.

Taking you up on dinner flushes, it was your turn anyways. Perhaps elgin can wear his/her ETA watch and join us on a road trip.

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » July 18th 2017, 6:26am

codguy wrote:
PiningforElgin wrote:That's quite uncalled for

Whatever

PiningforElgin wrote:If you don't like me just say it

And exactly how old are you newb?
This is the deep end of the pool, perhaps you should explore the wading one over there ffs.

Taking you up on dinner flushes, it was your turn anyways. Perhaps elgin can wear his/her ETA watch and join us on a road trip.

What's wrong? I'm just saying what I wanted to say after others said theirs. No foul
PiningforElgin

Postby PiningforElgin » July 18th 2017, 6:28am

How old am I? Old enough to have an intolerance to bullshit. Sometimes too old to care as I've become more cynical these days
PiningforElgin

Postby codguy » July 18th 2017, 7:49am

PiningforElgin wrote:How old am I? Old enough to have an intolerance to bullshit. Sometimes too old to care as I've become more cynical these days

Your posts are childish at best, boring as fuck at a very minimum.

Oh, and thanks for shitting on all the Tag owners here, I'm sure they appreciate it.

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » July 18th 2017, 7:53am

What can I say? I become less enchanted with things when getting older. Maybe it's aging. I don't deny being childish geezer clown but I'm here to be who I am
PiningforElgin

Postby PiningforElgin » July 18th 2017, 7:54am

I'm free to shit at watch companies and Tag shouldn't be immune
PiningforElgin

Postby Falstaff » July 18th 2017, 8:28am

No need to be defensive, Piney - or tedious. Of course you are free to post what you wish - as well as to accept the consequences of your posts.
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
What's the problem HAL?
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

PreviousNext

Return to General Watch talk