Watchlord member colors -

Watchlord member colors -

Postby koimaster » July 10th 2017, 3:26pm

I was asked recently about the colors that members have here and if the new member colors were meant to be demeaning so here are the colors explained –

• Dark Red – The original founding members of this forum way back in the last two weeks of December 2009. It was a risk for a few of them since they were still members at Watchgeeks where you were banned for joining XMT (now called the lounge) or this one.

• Blue – Members who are collectors who over the years have proven their love of this hobby and knowledge beyond just saying automatic vs quartz.

• Green – Bloggers who have shown that they follow the hobby and write about it in one form or another.

• Pink - Asshats are members that have contributed to the forum in both tangible and intangible ways such as calling out a watch company, calling a shopping network to call out a sales person as examples. It also applies to the humor some have displayed in this hobby or the time spent calling out the fraud in the hobby over many years. All members of the Asshats are voted in by other Asshat members.

• Dark Green – Long time senior members here

• Black – regular members who have not been here long enough to have earned senior status or go onto other groups.

• Brown – New members here with less than 50 posts.

• Orange – Trolls

• Dark Black - Admins

And there you have it, the WL rainbow explained.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Watchlord member colors -

Postby biglove » July 10th 2017, 5:24pm

Who the hell would attach "demeaning" to the member colors?

I am thinking some snowflake needs his safe place?

WTELF?!
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby abduksion » July 10th 2017, 5:32pm

I never really paid that much attention I just like being on here and checking out Smellody's
Rolex and Tudor Collection I'm especially fond of his Solid Gold GMT Master II and his faded
bezel Tudor Sub.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Postby Mark1 » July 10th 2017, 6:11pm

I thought we were getting ready to jump somebody in.
Well, welcome to the real world, my delicate little Instagrammed snowflakes. Piers Morgan
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby artman » July 10th 2017, 9:48pm

Attention Asshats of Watchwords: Please consider yours truly, Artman into the Asshat Club, because in real life I am already categorized and known in the community as an "ass" and I really, really like hats. Vote for me, Artman. Future Asshat of Watchlords. I will not let you down. Much.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Mark1 » July 10th 2017, 9:57pm

artman wrote:Attention Asshats of Watchwords: Please consider yours truly, Artman into the Asshat Club, because in real life I am already categorized and known in the community as an "ass" and I really, really like hats. Vote for me, Artman. Future Asshat of Watchlords. I will not let you down. Much.

I believe the bylaws state that any potential Asshats must be nominated by an Asshat for the rank. Beyond that, the initiation process is cloaked in mystery.
Well, welcome to the real world, my delicate little Instagrammed snowflakes. Piers Morgan
Mark1
Founding Member

Postby conjurer » July 10th 2017, 10:08pm

Mark1 wrote:
artman wrote:Attention Asshats of Watchwords: Please consider yours truly, Artman into the Asshat Club, because in real life I am already categorized and known in the community as an "ass" and I really, really like hats. Vote for me, Artman. Future Asshat of Watchlords. I will not let you down. Much.

I believe the bylaws state that any potential Asshats must be nominated by an Asshat for the rank. Beyond that, the initiation process is cloaked in mystery.

We need to take arty out on a run to the Pine Barrens. He needs to make his bones. Once that's done, we can certainly talk.*

*Naturally, he'll have to pay for the gas, the fucking lime (I'm all outta lime over here), the ammo for the 1911s, and the surf 'n 'turf at Delmonico's after the motherfucking hit delivery of the boxes of ziti. What we really need is for Uncle Alain to let in a couple fucking trolls so we can bat 'em around and have all sorts of fun.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT

Postby artman » July 10th 2017, 10:14pm

I gotta do what I gotta do.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby artman » July 10th 2017, 10:42pm

artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby SynMike » July 11th 2017, 12:09am

I was on of those banned over at Watchgeeks simply for joining here. I had never done anything there that was negative in any way. 10 years ago there I just posted some pics of some older Invictas that were some of their better diver models in earlier years. I joined here to support koimaster because he was treated in such a reprehensible way.

Of course, being banned was no loss. There are more watch forums that the world needs.
Last edited by SynMike on July 12th 2017, 9:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
SynMike
Senior Member & WIS

Postby codguy » July 11th 2017, 4:48am

artman wrote:Attention Asshats of Watchwords: Please consider yours truly, Artman into the Asshat Club, because in real life I am already categorized and known in the community as an "ass" and I really, really like hats. Vote for me, Artman. Future Asshat of Watchlords.

FFS

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby AJC » July 11th 2017, 6:38am

I'm in the WIS and Senior group and I'm dark green instead of blue. This hurts my feelings.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby Falstaff » July 11th 2017, 7:09am

Mark1 wrote:

Seems to me at least one of that eminent group in the distant past simply asked what one had to do to become an Asshat and was told to just ask the other Asshats and if they agreed, he was in. He did, they did, now he's an Asshat. This nomination only by existing Asshats is a relatively new thing.
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
What's the problem HAL?
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby codguy » July 11th 2017, 7:20am

Falstaff wrote:
Mark1 wrote:

Seems to me at least one of that eminent group in the distant past simply asked what one had to do to become an Asshat and was told to just ask the other Asshats and if they agreed, he was in. He did, they did, now he's an Asshat. This nomination only by existing Asshats is a relatively new thing.

I know of at least three "ASSHATS" that were given the title without a nomination/selection/vote by the previous ASSHATS.............

codguy
ASSHAT

Postby Falstaff » July 11th 2017, 7:35am

codguy wrote:
Falstaff wrote:
Mark1 wrote:

I know of at least three "ASSHATS" that were given the title without a nomination/selection/vote by the previous ASSHATS.............

Not to mention at least one who became an Asshat by overwhelming demand of the general membership (100% if I remember correctly) after an epic phone call.
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
What's the problem HAL?
I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby Hawk » July 11th 2017, 9:54am

Falstaff wrote:Not to mention at least one who became an Asshat by overwhelming demand of the general membership (100% if I remember correctly) after an epic phone call.

I remember that. It was "Asshat by acclamation" an honor usually reserved for only the rarest of popes.

As I recall the requirements used to be much less burdensome. In my case I simply volunteered though I believe it was during a season where Asshats were in short supply.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.

— Richard Dawkins, evolutionary biologist
Hawk
ASSHAT

Postby koimaster » July 11th 2017, 10:10am

Cod is correct that at one time Asshats were assigned. The very first was the pug aka boscoe. Former member ditchdoc was also a member assigned to the group back then. BigCheez and Horse Feathers were all the original members. Foghorn could have been a member as well but he did not want to lose the founder colors. A new rank would have worked in that case, founder and asshat as a special rank. I understand cocks look good in either pink or a red.

I am not sure who came up with the nomination process but Asshats is a stand alone group and can make their own rules.

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby abduksion » July 11th 2017, 11:06am

AJC wrote:I'm in the WIS and Senior group and I'm dark green instead of blue. This hurts my feelings.

Well I'm an old Fart and I'm not even that old :lol:
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Postby koimaster » July 11th 2017, 11:24am

AJC wrote:I'm in the WIS and Senior group and I'm dark green instead of blue. This hurts my feelings.

Stop whining :lklklklklkl:

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Postby Tzimisces » July 11th 2017, 11:48am

koimaster wrote: I understand cocks look good in either pink or a red.

Cocks look good in black, too.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » July 11th 2017, 12:01pm

Falstaff wrote:
codguy wrote:
Falstaff wrote:
Mark1 wrote:

Not to mention at least one who became an Asshat by overwhelming demand of the general membership (100% if I remember correctly) after an epic phone call.

I got nominated by conj and didn't make the cut. *sniff*
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
Watchlord WIS

Postby artman » July 11th 2017, 3:39pm

Due to prior commitments and underwhelming support I hereby concede my bid for this highly esteemed designation and offer my total support for the following more deserving candidate...

artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Racer-X » July 11th 2017, 3:44pm

What happened to Old Farts being Yellow?
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » July 11th 2017, 3:46pm

Racer-X wrote:What happened to Old Farts being Yellow?

Mine are more of an ochre.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby koimaster » July 11th 2017, 3:51pm

Racer-X wrote:What happened to Old Farts being Yellow?

da bitches wined abot beeng to mooch lik invicta

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Next

Return to General Watch talk