Another hacker added to the list

Another hacker added to the list

Postby koimaster » July 7th 2017, 8:52am

revolution.watch.magazine@gmail.com

Aside from sending me a PDF file which was malware, this person tried using an email that seemed legit. There is a Revolution Watch Magazine but that is not their email address and I know Sophie Furley who is the Editor in Chief at the magazine. I just emailed her to share the IP and other information on this hacker so she could take whatever precautions she needs to. Currently there are over 1000 banned IP addresses on this forum. Only 32 are banned users over the last 9 years including Falcon, Darth Neo, Slo-po and a few others who came here to cause issues.

I post this for two reasons, one to show how simple it is for an admin to be fooled at a forum to allow a spammer or hacker in (unless the members need some red meat :D ) and the second reason to re-state that every email address, IP and user is vetted as best as it can be prior to being allowed into this forum. Security is my main concern here which is why we have the SSL certificates, the firewall, antivirus etc.

Dear Alain,

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to let me know about this fake email address masquerading as a Revolution account. I have forwarded it to our IT department to see if there is anything we can do. But even if we can't, it is useful to be aware of it so we can warn others.

Wishing you a great weekend.

Best wishes,
Sophie

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Another hacker added to the list

Postby Thunder1 » July 7th 2017, 9:20am

damn..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby bobbee » July 7th 2017, 10:05am

Top job, on your toes as usual,.
"Punch a fish, make a wish."~Doctor Penguin.
bobbee
Master of Time

Postby svaglic » July 7th 2017, 10:56am

I would never be able to run a forum, my computer skills are $hit. I do appreciate what you do to keep us going strong.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk