The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTION RE

The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTION RE

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 8:35am

I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby Racer-X » July 2nd 2017, 8:46am

User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby foghorn » July 2nd 2017, 9:00am

I could only stomach this "professional" for about 48 seconds.
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15401
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 9:21am

Racer-X wrote:


Thanks Racer for some reason I can't upload videos on here through youtube.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby Racer-X » July 2nd 2017, 9:24am

abduksion wrote:Thanks Racer for some reason I can't upload videos on here through youtube.


Use the youtube tags and insert the link.

Code: Select all
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjiiNQZYCBw[/youtube]
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby JAS1125 » July 2nd 2017, 10:21am

foghorn wrote:I could only stomach this "professional" for about 48 seconds.


All that's missing is the porkpie hat
Image
User avatar
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 1757
Joined: January 29th 2013, 11:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby tiktok » July 2nd 2017, 10:44am

He wants to be a doctor should he ever grow up. How many times have I had to put up with a resident absolutely clueless in the specific field. It's also really really easy to tell the residents actively interested in what they are doing and the ones who are simply bidding time before they can move into a money maximizing field.
User avatar
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3360
Joined: March 20th 2015, 7:18pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 12:38pm

Racer-X wrote:
abduksion wrote:Thanks Racer for some reason I can't upload videos on here through youtube.


Use the youtube tags and insert the link.

Code: Select all
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjiiNQZYCBw[/youtube]


Thanks man but I believe its the settings on youtube?
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby AlbertaTime » July 2nd 2017, 2:53pm

"Add-mar"?
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
User avatar
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
 
Posts: 2737
Joined: October 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Peace River, Alberta

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby Racer-X » July 2nd 2017, 3:40pm

abduksion wrote:
Racer-X wrote:
abduksion wrote:Thanks Racer for some reason I can't upload videos on here through youtube.


Use the youtube tags and insert the link.

Code: Select all
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjiiNQZYCBw[/youtube]


Thanks man but I believe its the settings on youtube?


Nope, I used the link from your original post, just added the youtube tags here.
User avatar
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 4107
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 2nd 2017, 3:44pm

Once I've seen that it's a Theo & Harris video, I have turned it off. I can't stomach anything by that sorry bunch of dopes and sleazy salesmen, who know fuck all about vintage watches, yet try to sell run-of-the-mill pieces at outrageous prices, often not even bothering to identify the movement, and almost never showing the movement inside the watch. Mostly they're trying to make a name for themselves as "YouTubers." That said, fuck them.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 928
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 3:52pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Once I've seen that it's a Theo & Harris video, I have turned it off. I can't stomach anything by that sorry bunch of dopes and sleazy salesmen, who know fuck all about vintage watches, yet try to sell run-of-the-mill pieces at outrageous prices, often not even bothering to identify the movement, and almost never showing the movement inside the watch. Mostly they're trying to make a name for themselves as "YouTubers." That said, fuck them.


I had no idea they were even in sales?
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby Thunder1 » July 2nd 2017, 4:56pm

I like the Breguet the best of this bunch...I could be seen wearing some of the others, as well..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 3234
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » July 2nd 2017, 5:01pm

abduksion wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Once I've seen that it's a Theo & Harris video, I have turned it off. I can't stomach anything by that sorry bunch of dopes and sleazy salesmen, who know fuck all about vintage watches, yet try to sell run-of-the-mill pieces at outrageous prices, often not even bothering to identify the movement, and almost never showing the movement inside the watch. Mostly they're trying to make a name for themselves as "YouTubers." That said, fuck them.


I had no idea they were even in sales?


Of course they are. They mention that in just about every single video of theirs. Well, maybe not in all, but certainly in the ones that I've seen, which were also the ones that made me put the kibosh on watching any more of their YouTube shite.

The YouTube videos are a facade- their only purpose is marketing, really. They can play "big time experts" there, so that the potential buyers will take them for just that, and think that they only sell watches in addition to running a YouTube channel. Meanwhile, their channel is - as I've said - only an advertising tool, and they're simply watch dealers. And frankly, some of the worst (and utterly witless) that I've encountered. Even less witty than the pseudo-experts at the Hoodwinkee Shop, and this means: utter pillocks.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
 
Posts: 928
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby artman » July 2nd 2017, 5:10pm

oh, it's that guy.
User avatar
artman
Senior Member & WIS
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: February 8th 2015, 5:42pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby foghorn » July 2nd 2017, 5:11pm

artman wrote:oh, it's that guy.



There's a guy in that video?
GET OFF MY LAWN
Image

Finding out the time is about as difficult as finding a cheesburger.
boneyguy, Sep 12, 2007 #12
User avatar
foghorn
Founding Member
 
Posts: 15401
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 5:51pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
abduksion wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Once I've seen that it's a Theo & Harris video, I have turned it off. I can't stomach anything by that sorry bunch of dopes and sleazy salesmen, who know fuck all about vintage watches, yet try to sell run-of-the-mill pieces at outrageous prices, often not even bothering to identify the movement, and almost never showing the movement inside the watch. Mostly they're trying to make a name for themselves as "YouTubers." That said, fuck them.


I had no idea they were even in sales?


Of course they are. They mention that in just about every single video of theirs. Well, maybe not in all, but certainly in the ones that I've seen, which were also the ones that made me put the kibosh on watching any more of their YouTube shite.

The YouTube videos are a facade- their only purpose is marketing, really. They can play "big time experts" there, so that the potential buyers will take them for just that, and think that they only sell watches in addition to running a YouTube channel. Meanwhile, their channel is - as I've said - only an advertising tool, and they're simply watch dealers. And frankly, some of the worst (and utterly witless) that I've encountered. Even less witty than the pseudo-experts at the Hoodwinkee Shop, and this means: utter pillocks.


I'm gonna be 100% honest I've never noticed then again I tend to space out a lot. :scratch:
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby conjurer » July 2nd 2017, 7:27pm

Kevin, who's the broad in your sigpic? She's giving me a boner over here.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24667
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby biglove » July 2nd 2017, 8:48pm

conjurer wrote:Kevin, who's the broad in your sigpic? She's giving me a boner over here.


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Langford
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
 
Posts: 10318
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Location: Deep South

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby conjurer » July 2nd 2017, 10:49pm

biglove wrote:
conjurer wrote:Kevin, who's the broad in your sigpic? She's giving me a boner over here.


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katherine_Langford


Thanks, Mr. Loaf. Knowing that she's Aussie makes me wish to polish the German helmet even more.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24667
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 10:59pm

I just hope my avatar isn't gonna be to distracting?
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby conjurer » July 2nd 2017, 11:06pm

abduksion wrote:I just hope my avatar isn't gonna be to distracting?


Not to me. I'm going to go over to Xhamster over here.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!

Image
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
 
Posts: 24667
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 11:17pm

conjurer wrote:
abduksion wrote:I just hope my avatar isn't gonna be to distracting?


Not to me. I'm going to go over to Xhamster over here.


I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby TemerityB » July 2nd 2017, 11:58pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Once I've seen that it's a Theo & Harris video, I have turned it off. I can't stomach anything by that sorry bunch of dopes and sleazy salesmen, who know fuck all about vintage watches, yet try to sell run-of-the-mill pieces at outrageous prices, often not even bothering to identify the movement, and almost never showing the movement inside the watch. Mostly they're trying to make a name for themselves as "YouTubers." That said, fuck them.


Well noted. Unbelievable con artists and a sheer rip off at BEST - and the most annoying Nancy boy ever is their spokesman, whose grinning, self-satisfied mug just screams for a well-pitched cream puff courtesy Louis Feinberg. You're so spot-on about selling jejune old stuff for only about two to three times more than its worth. Disgusting from the word go.
"​A very cool, and unique, mid size, automatic, multi-function, offering, from Lucien. Imaginative, intriguing, and affordable. Thanks Lee." - Verbatim
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
 
Posts: 13170
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: New York City

Re: The $100K watch collection of a 22 year-old :: COLLECTIO

Postby abduksion » July 3rd 2017, 12:20am

TemerityB wrote:
MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Once I've seen that it's a Theo & Harris video, I have turned it off. I can't stomach anything by that sorry bunch of dopes and sleazy salesmen, who know fuck all about vintage watches, yet try to sell run-of-the-mill pieces at outrageous prices, often not even bothering to identify the movement, and almost never showing the movement inside the watch. Mostly they're trying to make a name for themselves as "YouTubers." That said, fuck them.


Well noted. Unbelievable con artists and a sheer rip off at BEST - and the most annoying Nancy boy ever is their spokesman, whose grinning, self-satisfied mug just screams for a well-pitched cream puff courtesy Louis Feinberg. You're so spot-on about selling jejune old stuff for only about two to three times more than its worth. Disgusting from the word go.


I guess I need to pay more attention from now on.
I've never felt like I truly belonged here and I believe it's time I move on.
User avatar
abduksion
Senior Member
 
Posts: 7183
Joined: May 20th 2011, 10:00pm


Return to General Watch talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests