A fool and his money are soon parted

A fool and his money are soon parted

Postby abduksion » July 1st 2017, 10:42pm

And we thought Nvicter made some gaudy designs this makes Nvicter look normal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhWVGCb1zRc

The link does work but for some reason the video won't show up on here.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Re: A fool and his money are soon parted

Postby Mortuus » July 1st 2017, 11:59pm

I thought the watch wasn't near as bad as the Dolt Zoosk as worn by the Oat Bran King over at WIT, but the dork doing the video needs to be beaten to death with his De Bethune souvenir snow shovel... :???:
"Stupid is as stupid does." - Forrest Gump
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 12:20am

Mortuus wrote:I thought the watch wasn't near as bad as the Dolt Zoosk as worn by the Oat Bran King over at WIT, but the dork doing the video needs to be beaten to death with his De Bethune souvenir snow shovel... :???:

I didn't want to say this but I've watched most of his Videos and he comes of a little toolish if you catch my drift.
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Postby AJC » July 2nd 2017, 4:50am

Holy smokes! Big, beautiful baguettes!

That Andrew Calvarese's comment was funny though.
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » July 2nd 2017, 5:56am

Considering the guy just spent, by my best guess ?$500K for this wartch, he is a special kind of stupid.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby svaglic » July 2nd 2017, 6:49am

Most high end company's have a diamond encrusted version in their offerings. I'm not a diamond fan, so I'm not crazy about this look, but their other db28's are pretty cool. Completely out of my league though.
The truth is the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is a lie, even if everyone believes it. Unknown
svaglic
ASSHAT

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 8:26am

biglove wrote:Considering the guy just spent, by my best guess ?$500K for this wartch, he is a special kind of stupid.

I thought so too but it retails between $150k for the non diamond model to $250k for the one in the video now since I assume
is preowned? He probably got it around $ 225k?
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Postby foghorn » July 2nd 2017, 8:59am

He might have bad taste in watches but if he can spend a couple hundred grand on one he probably ain't no fool.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby biglove » July 2nd 2017, 12:06pm

foghorn wrote:He might have bad taste in watches but if he can spend a couple hundred grand on one he probably ain't no fool.

Trust fund baby? They can be rich and foolish. And they gent to buy stupid expensive wartches.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby abduksion » July 2nd 2017, 12:36pm

biglove wrote:
foghorn wrote:He might have bad taste in watches but if he can spend a couple hundred grand on one he probably ain't no fool.

Trust fund baby? They can be rich and foolish. And they gent to buy stupid expensive wartches.

According to him he use to work for MB&F I believe and did marketing? But I'm not 100% sure.
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Postby Mortuus » July 2nd 2017, 1:59pm

Sometimes Trust Fund Babies buy expensive aircraft and fly dead people around in them...now that's a special kind of insanity... ;)

In the end, I don't care how much money he spent, abduksion Johnson is right; the man's a tool...mind you, he's not in the same class of tool that Rick "Havanna Tobackuh Brown Starfish" Kalina belongs in, but he'd certainly help out in a pinch, I'd bet.
:???:
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby poot74 » July 2nd 2017, 6:59pm

I actually like the blue case and that's about it...
poot74
Senior Member & WIS

Postby AJC » July 3rd 2017, 4:49am

Mortuus wrote:Sometimes Trust Fund Babies buy expensive aircraft and fly dead people around in them...now that's a special kind of insanity... ;)

In the end, I don't care how much money he spent, abduksion Johnson is right; the man's a tool...mind you, he's not in the same class of tool that Rick "Havanna Tobackuh Brown Starfish" Kalina belongs in, but he'd certainly help out in a pinch, I'd bet.

Did you just come up with the plot for Weekend at Bernie's 3?
-Madvillian
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 7:13am

AJC wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Sometimes Trust Fund Babies buy expensive aircraft and fly dead people around in them...now that's a special kind of insanity... ;)

Did you just come up with the plot for Weekend at Bernie's 3?

Hmmm...I suppose it might work; maybe we oughtta pitch it to Hollyweed... 8-)
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby Tzimisces » July 3rd 2017, 7:26am

abduksion wrote:
According to him he use to work for MB&F I believe and did marketing? But I'm not 100% sure.

If this is true, I see why it's "did" marketing.
He makes a 5 minute video, and wastes the 1st half showing nothing but the leather case thing.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Postby abduksion » July 3rd 2017, 5:29pm

Tzimisces wrote:
abduksion wrote:

If this is true, I see why it's "did" marketing.
He makes a 5 minute video, and wastes the 1st half showing nothing but the leather case thing.

So I was off a bit this is what he use to do.

My background was finance, then worked in the watch industry (Executive staff of a popular forum, started and ran MB&F North America, brand consultant, etc)
Timezone or WUS?
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 6:33pm

I'm sure the specs are probably great though, reminded me when I saw the pictures of diamond studded Pateks/Piagets (which looked way worse). Below the bling and tackiness there lies a beautiful beating heart
PiningforElgin

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 6:37pm

Like, this one, WTF? And not even as half creative as the DB
PiningforElgin

Postby PiningforElgin » July 3rd 2017, 6:42pm

Or this?

PiningforElgin

Postby Mortuus » July 3rd 2017, 7:25pm

Hey! HEY, now, Piney, you're messin' with two of my grails here...um okay, not really. But I did like the watch in the review, though not the goob who was presenting it; I found him to be an even bigger clown than the aforementioned O.B.K. Juan Kenoby, which is really saying something, believe me.

Still, I do rather like that Piaget, truth to tell, Piney; it's got that certain je ne sais quoi, it does.
:scratch:

__________________________________________________________________________________
https://phluffswatchstuff.wordpress.com/
Mortuus
ASSHAT

Postby PiningforElgin » July 5th 2017, 10:00pm

Mortuus wrote:Hey! HEY, now, Piney, you're messin' with two of my grails here...um okay, not really. But I did like the watch in the review, though not the goob who was presenting it; I found him to be an even bigger clown than the aforementioned O.B.K. Juan Kenoby, which is really saying something, believe me.

Still, I do rather like that Piaget, truth to tell, Piney; it's got that certain je ne sais quoi, it does.
:scratch:

__________________________________________________________________________________
https://phluffswatchstuff.wordpress.com/

Piaget makes enough super excellent watches that they can get away with this behavior forever.fair? Maybe not but double standards define our world.

Not where I would place my grail though. They are a jewelry company not just a watch company so they have other things in agenda besides timepieces. It's like if Rolex also manufactured wedding rings. This put Piaget on the same level with Jacob & co which is the laughingstock of watch collectors
PiningforElgin

Return to General Watch talk