Buzz Words

Buzz Words

Postby koimaster » June 13th 2017, 10:14am

On 26 April 2017, Omega held the biggest event it has ever hosted in Europe. Turning the vast Turbine Hall of London’s Tate Modern gallery into a lunar landing station with a legion of spacemen lining the entrance, the dinner celebrated 60 years of the preeminent space watch: the Speedmaster. As well as the troop of would-be astronauts and a bunch of A-listers from the worlds of modelling, music and movies, the UK’s capital warmly welcomed Omega’s dynamic CEO Raynald Aeschlimann, Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney and the man of the evening, Dr Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin.

Clooney led the tributes to Aldrin, echoing the mood of the hall, when he said: “I was eight years old in the summer of 1969 and was watching live on television as the first two human beings set foot on the Moon – two of only 12 people in history to do it. It was important for the world that Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong succeeded. What they did meant so much to all of us and I can’t thank them enough for their courage and leadership. So, it’s an exceptional honour for me to meet Buzz and to be here with him today.”

https://www.revolution.watch/buzz-words/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Buzz Words

Postby biglove » June 13th 2017, 11:21am

Always wanted to meet one of the astronauts that made it to the moon. Those are the real heros in my opinion. True pioneers.
"Adults are obsolete children."-Dr. Seuss
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Return to General Watch talk