Brands we overlook or forget about

Brands we overlook or forget about

Postby koimaster » June 6th 2017, 10:33am

I was thinking about this as I posted an article on Chopard, a well established brand that I see few articles on. I can think of a few others that I forget about at times such as Perrelet, Montblanc, Chronoswiss, Union Glashütte just to name a few. I wonder if we as collectors just settle for a few brands we either just like or hear about more often than others.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Re: Brands we overlook or forget about

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » June 6th 2017, 11:06am

In terms of vintage, what is "overlooked" is good, as I can have it for less.

Some brands can't sustain the hype, some start to produce watches so terrible or bland, that we actually prefer to forget about the brand itself. And some have marketing departments so inept, that they can't even successfully gain the attention of the WIS, let alone of the non-WIS.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Brands we overlook or forget about

Postby Thunder1 » June 6th 2017, 3:33pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:In terms of vintage, what is "overlooked" is good, as I can have it for less.

Some brands can't sustain the hype, some start to produce watches so terrible or bland, that we actually prefer to forget about the brand itself. And some have marketing departments so inept, that they can't even successfully gain the attention of the WIS, let alone of the non-WIS.

And at least one(Ebel) had an owner that that lost his ass in the financial markets..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Return to General Watch talk