On Brand Ambassadors

On Brand Ambassadors

Postby Racer-X » June 4th 2017, 9:09am

by James "It seems a virtually inexhaustible topic. Interesting to relate in the wake of Tudor's cash dump to Mr. Beckham and the All Blacks, Rolex used to take a different approach to this whole "Friend of the Brand" thing -
But you don't live in the past ; )

A good friend forwarded me this -

Study shows non-celebrity influencers are 10 times more likely to drive in-store purchases

Now in fairness to the millennial employees currently holding the various watch marketing departments hostage, they got it half right. They reached out to influencers - you know, people sort of like me, only popular ; )

But then, being millennials and being, well, not adept at thinking too deeply, they decided that if they paid ONE blogger to write about and promote their watch, then it would make PERFECT sense to forward that (paid) influencer's post, Instagram image, etc. to OTHER bloggers! I mean, yeah, we paid this guy for the content, and therefore you should go ahead and run it through your outlet as well! I mean, c'mon, we're friends, right? And that is where it became clear that maybe it was a bit too early to have the kids sitting at the grown-ups table."

Article at Tempus Fugit

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: On Brand Ambassadors

Postby biglove » June 4th 2017, 9:45am

Have always thought "brand ambassadors" is a waste of advertising dollars; but, what do I know?
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby foghorn » June 4th 2017, 10:00am

How else are the poor schmucks gonna afford those nice watches they get for free?

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby conjurer » June 4th 2017, 10:08am

biglove wrote:Have always thought "brand ambassadors" is a waste of advertising dollars; but, what do I know?

Well, the brands keep doing it, so it must work. Personally, I'd like to Patek hire Carrot Top to sell Calatravas.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » June 4th 2017, 2:52pm

conjurer wrote:
biglove wrote:Have always thought "brand ambassadors" is a waste of advertising dollars; but, what do I know?

Well, the brands keep doing it, so it must work. Personally, I'd like to Patek hire Carrot Top to sell Calatravas.

Good one. And I'd like Michael Flynn, now that he's between gigs, to hawk Invicta. It's just too perfect.
"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic fucking hatreds." – George Carlin
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby foghorn » June 4th 2017, 3:34pm

TemerityB wrote:
Good one. And I'd like Michael Flynn, now that he's between gigs, to hawk Invicta. It's just too perfect.

Too late. Craig Hester already has him signed.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby TemerityB » June 4th 2017, 3:54pm

foghorn wrote:
TemerityB wrote:

:lol:
"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic fucking hatreds." – George Carlin
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby artman » June 4th 2017, 4:01pm

Millennials are such a fickle bunch to reach. I bet if these "influencers" did something to go viral with the product that they represent, they would have a much higher success rate.
artman
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » June 4th 2017, 4:14pm

foghorn wrote:
TemerityB wrote:

"Vostok don't fall apart like immunity deal. Get vun, vatch I mean unless guilty, den get boat, time sentence if less den 6 month, OK?"
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk