Eléonor Picciotto Asks Her Dad, Why Sell It All?

Eléonor Picciotto Asks Her Dad, Why Sell It All?

Postby Racer-X » May 30th 2017, 9:31pm

by - Eléonor Picciotto "It took 20 years for Laurent Picciotto to build his personal watch collection. But it will take no more than 20 minutes for Phillips Watches to auction all of it away on the 30th of May 2017, in Hong Kong.

Before he decided to put all 43 watches up for sale, even though I am his daughter — his beloved daughter — no matter how much I begged and pleaded, he refused to leave me one of those incredible timepieces. Not even for the sake of his own legacy.

I had to find out — why?!

For those of you who don’t know who Laurent Picciotto is… well, that might actually be a good think for you!

He’s just a watch geek. Stubborn, grumpy and always defying rules. In other words, he thinks he’s a rockstar. Oh, and he also happens to be my dad.

Subjectivity aside — and not just because we share some DNA rather than any physical resemblance — he is the watch guru, who has specialized in niche brands over the past two decades and also happens to be one of the few people (including Wei Koh) in the watch industry, whom you can trust blindly when it comes to any sort of watch talk."

Article at Revolution

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Eléonor Picciotto Asks Her Dad, Why Sell It All?

Postby Wasp » May 31st 2017, 5:19am

I was fine until the Bell & Ross Iodine bottle.
Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist Fake News Resist Resist Resist Resist Resist
Wasp
Senior Member & WIS

Postby foghorn » May 31st 2017, 5:28am

Got as far as MB&F then I puked and stopped reading.

(Note to Eleanor-mind your freaking business and get your own watches)

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby Ofcmark » May 31st 2017, 5:32am

I'm with you Foggy
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Postby biglove » May 31st 2017, 6:44am

What a steaming load of crap. How about the spoiled little shits buy their own watches. Obviously, they don't lack cash.

Of course the Dad is quite possibly a raging cock, so at least the kids get it honestly.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby conjurer » May 31st 2017, 10:03am

For this reason, and many others that I won’t bother you with, I admire my dad. And as much as I tend to agree and encourage him to follow his most random actions and outrageous desires, I must admit that two things he recently did, really pissed me off. Big time.

This sounds like something from Penthouse Letters.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk