TikTok's Watch Walk

TikTok's Watch Walk

Postby tiktok » May 20th 2017, 8:01pm

Wanted to keep this "what's on my wrist that I ain't buying" forum alive. It's really amazing the power that social forces have been playing in keeping luxury shopping down but today I visited Breguet and JLC in search of wrist fodder.
First up was the Breguet Type XX Transatlantigue which manages to stuff a lot of highly legible data into a 39 mm watch. The case and dial are really well made with the eponymous fluted case work and the comfort of the watch on my wrist was about a ten+. I have actually been considering this piece for a while now, it can be had gray market with the $2000 bracelet for the same price as the leather version from the boutique.

Next stop was the JLC boutique where I strapped on the new Memovox Blue which is one of those umpteenth anniversary limited edition. Memovox are classically cool watches which has those crickets alarms. JLC has ramped up the alarm volume while making dial and case that are true to form. The two inner rings seem to be brushed at different angles as the interplay of blue and silver are caught at varying angles in the light. MSRP @14k.

tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Re: TikTok's Watch Walk

Postby TemerityB » May 20th 2017, 8:33pm

Man. That JLC is beyond beyond.
"I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic fucking hatreds." – George Carlin
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby biglove » May 21st 2017, 5:02am

That's a nice way to spend the day.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-Robert A. Heinlein
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Postby Thunder1 » May 21st 2017, 6:54am

A nice way to indulge oneself into the hobby...beats the hell out of sunning errands for the wife..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Postby conjurer » May 21st 2017, 8:14am

That Breguet gives me a Bonaire!!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk