Announcing The 2017 Grand Prix D'Horlogerie De Genève Jury

Announcing The 2017 Grand Prix D'Horlogerie De Genève Jury

Postby Racer-X » May 3rd 2017, 4:03pm

by Benjamin Clymer "There are very few events in watchmaking that bring the many corners of the industry together like the Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève (GPHG). The annual award ceremony is hosted by a non-profit organization seeking to give notice to the best and brightest of modern watchmaking, and while not every brand or group participates (looking at you, Rolex and Patek), these are easily the most comprehensive and important awards given in watches. And this week the organizers have announced who will be sitting on the 2017 jury."

Article at HODINKEE
Last edited by Racer-X on August 9th 2017, 5:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Announcing The 2017 Grand Prix D'Horlogerie De Genève Ju

Postby Falstaff » May 4th 2017, 8:15am

butt do thay give extry poynts four a Matching warlit ore keychane like Red Foxx Dott duz
"Come and take them!"
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » May 4th 2017, 6:45pm

Yikes. Hoodwinkee won't miss an opportunity to brag about something, won't they... Still, of the Hoedonkeys' staff, the Forster bloke was probably the best choice- I'm under the impression, that he's one of maybe two people in there, who has the ability to make a decent research, and the only one who has any insight into the strictly technical side of watch movements. That said, while still a Donkey, a bit less of a donkey as such. I'm very glad, that at least it's not the dilettante Clymer, who's on that jury.

Sadly, Bacs is on the jury- I literally loathe that man. I don't think there's another person in the world of watch auctions, who has made up quite as many rarity claims, gave so many obnoxious estimates, and who upon facing a deficit of facts replaces them with made-up info (worthy of the North Korean TV) as often as him.
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last.
Winston Churchill

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Postby conjurer » May 4th 2017, 7:39pm

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:Yikes. Hoodwinkee won't miss an opportunity to brag about something, won't they... Still, of the Hoedonkeys' staff, the Forster bloke was probably the best choice- I'm under the impression, that he's one of maybe two people in there, who has the ability to make a decent research, and the only one who has any insight into the strictly technical side of watch movements. That said, while still a Donkey, a bit less of a donkey as such. I'm very glad, that at least it's not the dilettante Clymer, who's on that jury.

Sadly, Bacs is on the jury- I literally loathe that man. I don't think there's another person in the world of watch auctions, who has made up quite as many rarity claims, gave so many obnoxious estimates, and who upon facing a deficit of facts replaces them with made-up info (worthy of the North Korean TV) as often as him.

Well bloke you spastic plank, youll be happy to know that another year and another year that the fucking Grand Prix D'Horlogerie didnt see fit to invite Dirtbox to sit on its spastic cock jury the fucks. I sent them a nice letter two, saying 'allo you fucks you want somebody who knows wartchs but doesnt suck like you planks? Well Dirty is youre man!' and the fucks stiff me something fierce the cocks. I figgure that its mostly a bunch of frogs and Swisstards and other cooking fat smearing on their wedding tackle cocks who get to judge fucking wartchs the fucks. Bunch of wankers you ask me.

Much Love, Dirtbox.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby TemerityB » May 5th 2017, 8:20am

"Mr. Jack Forster"
Well, "Miss Barbara Stanwyck" to you, bub.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk