How High-End Watch Industry Is Robbing Itself Of Relevancy

How High-End Watch Industry Is Robbing Itself Of Relevancy

Postby Racer-X » April 30th 2017, 4:11am

by Ariel Adams "What is relevancy, at least in the context of product marketing? For me, it is the notion that a product is imbued with values which make it appealing for a consumer to include in their lives, today. In other words, relevancy is not just what makes a customer want a product, but feel compelled and able to actually purchase it. On a regular basis, consumers view interesting if not beautiful products that they otherwise have no desire to add to their lives because those products lack relevancy for them. Imagine all the times you saw a timepiece you admitted was nice, but formed absolutely no desire to include it into your collection. Oftentimes that is because the product lacked relevancy for your life."

Article at A Blog To Watch

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: How High-End Watch Industry Is Robbing Itself Of Relevan

Postby foghorn » April 30th 2017, 4:37am

REL needs to get out more.
Maybe then he would become relevant and we could extol his virtues.

Way to suck the wind out of an enjoyable hobby.

This is the jinnies with their legahorns feinting to read in theirhandmade's book of stralegy while making their war undisidesthe Willingdone
foghorn
Founding Member

Postby TemerityB » April 30th 2017, 7:33am

foghorn wrote:REL needs to get out more.
Maybe then he would become relevant and we could extol his virtues.

Way to suck the wind out of an enjoyable hobby.

I hear ya, man. I won't even click that link. All I read or hear from the self-professed "watch gurus" is that the watch industry is failing because it (gasp!) advertises in magazines and newspapers, etc. We're living in an era where a bunch of doofuses in Mumford and Sons beards and manicures want to wipe their asses on anything and everything - stuff like tradition.

It's way too easy to nitpick. Ten years ago, I got involved with "good watches," which came about a decade after my soon-to-be-wife give me my "first good watch" as a gift. Since then, it's been nothing but a really great respite to the usual work stress my life has handed me. And this site had only added to my knowledge - and fun.

"Relevancy." It's all relevant to me; if others wanna lay awake at night worrying that Omega sales were down eight percent last year other than enjoying the Omega watch they own, well, that's on them.
Watch Country of Origin: Final assembly changed to China, effective 8-9-2016 - Invicta: The watch industry's eternal punchline

"I have several hundred Invicta watches and enjoy them all." - Dolt With A 55-Inch Reversible Belt
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » April 30th 2017, 7:55am

TemerityB wrote:We're living in an era where a bunch of doofuses in Mumford and Sons beards and manicures want to wipe their asses on anything and everything - stuff like tradition.

Well and elegantly said. REL can suck my motherfucking dick.*

"Suck my motherfucking dick" gag © 2017, Reclinervision 2020 and Laff Riot Partners.
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk