Breitling to be sold....

Breitling to be sold....

Postby eddiea » April 28th 2017, 5:08am

“I want to get to Key West and away from it all"…Papa.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Breitling to be sold....

Postby Racer-X » April 28th 2017, 6:34am

"Breitling, the Swiss watchmaker known for aviation-themed timepieces worn by actor John Travolta".

I mean, that's their identity? What about Jerry Seinfeld? He wore a Breitling on most his slightly popular sitcom?!?!
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby JAS1125 » April 28th 2017, 8:15am

Racer-X wrote:"Breitling, the Swiss watchmaker known for aviation-themed timepieces worn by actor John Travolta".

I mean, that's their identity? What about Jerry Seinfeld? He wore a Breitling on most his slightly popular sitcom?!?!

I also seem to recall that Bruce Willis wore them a lot in his films......could be mistaken though
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Postby TemerityB » April 28th 2017, 12:24pm

Interesting news. I'd guess that the best part of it is that it's unlikely to change much about the brand.

Also found the line about Swiss exports being up in March quite interesting. First I'd read that anywhere.
Cheapjack Horology Impossible To Disprove Drizzling BS O' The Week:
"I've been a fan of this company, these watches, for many, many years." - Skip Connelly on Glycine
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby 3Flushes » April 28th 2017, 1:05pm

TemerityB wrote:Interesting news. I'd guess that the best part of it is that it's unlikely to change much about the brand.

Also found the line about Swiss exports being up in March quite interesting. First I'd read that anywhere.

One indeed learns something new every day here at Watchlords-

Until today, I thought Travolta was the official celeb ambassador for masseur molestation.
Copyright ©️ 2017 3flushes Media.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » April 28th 2017, 1:10pm

Can they make the cases and bracelets any shinier?
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby Racer-X » April 28th 2017, 3:25pm

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Postby eddiea » April 28th 2017, 3:51pm

tiktok wrote:Can they make the cases and bracelets any shinier?

Not sure but,those who like the brand like it just the way they are ..... I personally like shiny (and big) objects from time to time, is not every day I'm in the mood for a "proper" 37mm subdued case design, with a Bauhaus dial watch....variety, is the name of the game for me
“I want to get to Key West and away from it all"…Papa.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » April 28th 2017, 5:50pm

This is a total joke in my home.My wife has several Breitlings and I'm always asking her to turn the dial down.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » April 28th 2017, 7:24pm

tiktok wrote:This is a total joke in my home.My wife has several Breitlings and I'm always asking her to turn the dial down.

Ha- you two with the WIS humor. You like watches, your wife likes watches; it would be fun to head there just to shop with you two and watch yous buy watches and watch accessories, and so forth around the 'ol burrow. Do you like Peter Lugers-? I don't know if I like the meats or the secret sauce better- that sauce sure aint no 1000, amIright?

I appreciate the menchnitude of your hospitality, however, I insist on paying my share of the grocery bill, I need certain kinda easily digested stuff, it'll be easy to whip up at the same time y'all cook yours, and I will also pay for my own soap, too, Rx anti-fungal, you wouldn't believe what it costs.

I can only stay 10 days.

"...When a watchmaker puts an eyeglass into his eye to examine something that another watchmaker has made, he's not looking for an opportunity to praise that man, he's looking for imperfections." George Daniels
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Postby tiktok » April 28th 2017, 7:47pm

we would be delighted to have you as a guest, Emilia our untaxed housekeeper can get the guest room ready, how is March 2016? And of course it's the meat that rules.
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Postby 3Flushes » April 29th 2017, 3:58pm

2016! HA! You guys kill me. You're like Stiller and Meara over there. Yous don't know them do you? I'd sure like to meet them. I have a cousin who's a big shot at White and Case and he knows them but the schtick-drek won't introduce us because he's ashamed of me because of my language and my lack of the financials. Like Jer and Anne never heard the grob eydish from a nebbish with bissela gelt before, amIright?. Hey the world needs social workers and therapists and artists and mechanics and poets and whonot same as billionaires, amIright? AMIRIGHT?

♮ ♪♪ Billionaires, what are they good for? ♬ Absolutely nothin' , say it again.♩ Billionaires --HUH ♬ good G-d y'all, what are they good for, ♩♩ABSOLUTELY Nothin♬...

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Return to General Watch talk