Dreyfuss & Co. Series 1924 Calibre 39 Watch Review

Dreyfuss & Co. Series 1924 Calibre 39 Watch Review

Postby Racer-X » April 24th 2017, 9:29am

Previous Watchlords discussion on this brand

by Ariel Adams "Dreyfuss & Co. is mostly known for more budget-themed timepieces, but over the years certain select models have seen the company stepping up their game a bit. Almost out of nowhere came this pretty nice, circa $1,200, vintage-pilot-style watch they call the Dreyfuss & Co. Series 1924 Calibre 39 reference ‎DGS00164/19 limited edition. Overall, I like this watch a lot given its pricepoint and design - but it isn't without its quirks. Also notable is language and terminology used on the brand's website that should probably be changed - especially if they are attempting to attract a more sophisticated watch buyer audience."

Article at A Blog To Watch

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKKQ4Dp5wQU[/youtube]
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Dreyfuss & Co. Series 1924 Calibre 39 Watch Review

Postby abduksion » April 24th 2017, 9:41am

I'm gonna be in the small minority group here but I like it.
[b]I just wasted ten minutes reading that thread, what a total bag of shit
in memory of bigedsurf.
abduksion
Old Fart

Postby conjurer » April 24th 2017, 10:13am

J'accuse des conneries!
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT

Postby codguy » April 24th 2017, 10:16am

Watch=meh

The truly nice thing about integrated strap/bracelet watches..... it prevents someone from fucking them up with a gay NATO strap.
codguy
ASSHAT

Postby MKTheVintageBloke » April 24th 2017, 10:43am

IMO, lacks originality in its design. Looks like a Zenith Pilot Extra Special homage, and the applied frames of the numerals look very much like the ones found on the dial of the Biatec Corsair (with which it even shares the movement...to some extent, as the Biatec has the basic, automatic version of the Eterna ebauche).
Do you think I'm a hypocrite? Well, you should. I wouldn't disagree with you.
Francis J. "Frank" Underwood

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
The Dude

Oh, cock!
James May
MKTheVintageBloke
Senior Member & WIS

Postby TemerityB » April 24th 2017, 5:55pm

I trust Dreyfuss/Rotary every bit as much as I trust Glycine/Invicta. Robert Dreyfuss used to be a frequent "special guest" on those glorified webcam WOW streaming shows with S. Fingers. I rest my case.
Watch Country of Origin: Final assembly changed to China, effective 8-9-2016 - Invicta: The watch industry's eternal punchline

"I have several hundred Invicta watches and enjoy them all." - Dolt With A 55-Inch Reversible Belt
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Postby conjurer » April 24th 2017, 6:47pm

TemerityB wrote:I trust Dreyfuss/Rotary every bit as much as I trust Glycine/Invicta. Robert Dreyfuss used to be a frequent "special guest" on those glorified webcam WOW streaming shows with S. Fingers. I rest my case.

Dang it! I knew I'd heard that name before. Wasn't he a dessicated, Eurotrash guy with big eyeglasses?
Johannes! My knees are trembling from banging her so hard with my rod!
conjurer
ASSHAT

Postby TemerityB » April 24th 2017, 6:58pm

conjurer wrote:
TemerityB wrote:I trust Dreyfuss/Rotary every bit as much as I trust Glycine/Invicta. Robert Dreyfuss used to be a frequent "special guest" on those glorified webcam WOW streaming shows with S. Fingers. I rest my case.

Dang it! I knew I'd heard that name before. Wasn't he a dessicated, Eurotrash guy with big eyeglasses?

Yep. There's a foto of him on the Rotary site to look up if you'd like, though there's no real reason to.
Watch Country of Origin: Final assembly changed to China, effective 8-9-2016 - Invicta: The watch industry's eternal punchline

"I have several hundred Invicta watches and enjoy them all." - Dolt With A 55-Inch Reversible Belt
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Return to General Watch talk